Working at Bement
Adjunct dorm parents assist with the boarding program on the weekends. Adjuncts are typically scheduled for 6-hour shifts and will facilitate a pre-determined on or off campus weekend itinerary. A successful adjunct is able to engage a diverse group of students with a joyful attitude and appropriate expectations. This is a part-time position.
Founded in 1925, The Bement School serves a locally and globally diverse student body of 220 boys and girls in grades kindergarten through nine. Serving both day students from the Pioneer Valley and southern Vermont and New Hampshire, as well as boarding students from many different international locations and US states, Bement has long provided a rigorous, yet warm, learning environment for our students.
- Experience working with youth at the middle school level
- Valid driver’s license with responsible track record of driving
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
Please contact the Director of Residential Life, Terry Shields at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bement is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and candidates who represent diversity for the school are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Bement School, a kindergarten through grade nine coeducational day and boarding school in historic Deerfield, Massachusetts, seeks a music teacher to join a vibrant learning community with students from all over the United States and the world. At Bement, the arts are one of the cornerstones of the school’s approach to learning. Our students enjoy a rigorous, hands-on, multidisciplinary approach to learning that prepares students to be compassionate, respectful, and resilient global citizens.
Candidates will be responsible for teaching a range of band instruments to students at beginner to proficiency levels at both the upper elementary and middle school levels.
The successful candidate will likely exhibit most of the following characteristics:
- Knowledge of the full range of band instruments
- Ability to conduct, rehearse, and support learning from a broad range of students in small groups and in full ensemble
- Familiarity with an independent boarding school either as a student or faculty member
- Willingness to collaborate across grade levels, divisions, and subject areas
- Ability to integrate technology in and meet the needs of a diverse classroom of learners
- Eagerness to participate in the full breadth of independent school life, including teaching, coaching, advising, and participating in our boarding community
- A sense of humor, positive outlook, and sense of humility
The Bement School offers a competitive salary, retirement program, and full benefits package. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. On-campus housing, with full room and utilities provided year-round and meals during the school year for the incumbent, may be offered in exchange for service in our boarding community.
A bachelor’s degree in music education or another relevant field is required; a master’s degree and at least three years of teaching experience are preferred. Bement is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates who represent diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a full time academic year position that begins in August 2019.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references to:
Toni Costa, Executive Assistant
The Bement School
P.O. Box 8
Deerfield MA 01342
No phone calls, please.