- Breakfast Program
- Curriculum Guide
- Concussion Plan
- Health Forms
- Emergency Communication Form
- Report of Giving
- Parent Workshop Series Resources
- Boarding Family Handbook
- 2018 Summer Reading List
- West Nile Virus Update, Summer 2018
Breakfast is available as on option for day students on school days, and families can sign up on a term-by-term (fall, winter, and/or spring term) basis below. Enrolled students are to be at the Bement dining room at 7:45 a.m. on school days.
Please select the required terms and note that the appropriate charge will be added to your student account.
To facilitate our planning, please submit this form by July 10:
The following forms must be completed for all students, annually:
- Student Health Data and Permissions Form
- Healthcare Provider Report and Immunization Record
- Health Insurance Agreement
The following form must be completed for returning students, annually:
The following form must be completed for students on medication:
The link below provides easy access to information about the SSAT test, test registration, information about applying to secondary schools, and practice tests.
Feel free to also read this informative letter from Ms. Keddy, Upper School Head, regarding the SSAT at Bement.
- Youth Sports and Specialization 2/26/19
- Specialization in Sports
- Sports Specialization in Young Athletes - NCBI - NIH
- Risks Associated with Sport Specialization in High School Athletes – NFHS
- Early Sport Specialization: Some Benefits, But Many Drawbacks
- Early Sport Specialization Is Killing The Health of Our Kids
- The Dangers of Early Sport Specialization in Youth Athletics
- Why specializing early in one sport is a bad idea - Active For Life
- Restorative Practices
- Navigating Social Media with Your Child, 11/1/2017
To assist our day families, The Bement School offers daily van transportation services each year. This service runs from the towns of Amherst, Northampton, and Brattleboro, Vermont, and pickup points and routes are determined based upon demand.
Our ability to accommodate requests for this service is limited by the level of demand for the service, and by applicable state law regarding capacity of our vans. If there are more requests than we can accommodate, we will give preference on a first-come, first-served basis.
Costs for transportation services for 2018-2019 are as follows:
To Bement: $1,625 From Bement: $850 Round-trip: $2,525
To Bement: $1,700 From Bement: $875 Round-trip: $2,600
For more information about routes and combining transportation with after-school care, please contact the Bement business office at 413-774-7061.
Our goal for the Bement Summer Reading Program is to encourage our students to read for pleasure, explore new genres and formats, and to see themselves as readers.
We are asking each upper school student to read two or more books from the list linked below. The list represents a range of interests and maturity levels, and students should choose books that are right for them.
Our Super Readers program encourages lower school students to read creatively while they are away from school. To participate, students simply need to track the titles and times they have read using a downloadable reading log. For every 15 minutes read, students can earn a bead, and they can trade up to a different type of bead the more they read. Each student will receive a chain and brag tag to put their beads on so they can design their own creation with the beads they earn.