English Language and Culture Summer Program
Students ages 8 to 12 from all over the world are invited to apply to The Bement School English Language and Culture (ELAC) summer program. Our program is a blend of academics, cultural interaction, language projects, travel experiences, summer camp activities with our domestic day campers, and total language immersion. Additionally, students will engage in daily seminars in boarding readiness, which will help them become accustomed to life in an American boarding school. We provide an opportunity to gain cross-cultural experience and practice the English language in a fun and friendly summer environment. Students and adults at Bement work together to create a climate of acceptance, kindness, and challenge each summer.
A unique element of Bement's program is our partnership with the Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Association, a cultural and historical organization also located in Historic Deerfield. Students participate in hands-on history workshops and activities that provide a remarkable grounding in American history. The workshops culminate in an overnight in a colonial farmhouse, complete with a meal cooked over an open hearth.
Bement's English Language and American Culture Program welcomes students ages 8 through 12. Enrollment is limited to thirty students.
1. Review Application Checklist
2. Complete the Application
3. Complete Parent Forms
4. Submit Application Fee of US$60
5. Submit a hand-written writing sample
6. Submit a copy of your current year transcript
7. Provide an English teacher recommendation
8. A three to five-minute introductory video accessible through either YouTube, Vimeo, or QuickTime (applicants should introduce themselves, discuss interests/hobbies, and why they want to attend Bement's ELAC program)
Completed applications can be scanned and emailed as an attachment to email@example.com. They can also be mailed to the following address:
David "Doc" Potter
The Bement School
P.O. Box 8
Deerfield, Massachusetts 01342