Bement in Shanghai
The Bement School brings its classroom to the heart of Shanghai, China!
Bement in Shanghai will offer two levels of intensive English language instruction: Intermediate-Advanced and Advanced. In daily, immersive courses, students will gain fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English, with an emphasis on preparing them for English in an academic setting. Students will practice rigorous writing and editing, read American texts, and practice public speaking each day. Writing activities are directed toward developing strong and accurate sentence structure and well-supported paragraphs. Students will develop English vocabulary, reading comprehension, and strong critical thinking skills.
Our program sets itself apart from others in that in that it offers immersion in both English language and American culture for students. With a student-teacher ratio of 8:1, a focus on problem-solving, resilience, and academic rigor, students leave our program more confident, balanced, and prepared for an American boarding school experience. To ensure that students are prepared to get the most benefit out of their summer experience, the program will begin in April with introductory online conversations between students and faculty, and preliminary reading assignments.
Bement in Shanghai welcomes students ages 7 through 12. Enrollment is limited.
1. Review Application Checklist
2. Complete the Application
3. Complete Parent Forms
4. Submit a hand-written writing sample
5. Submit a copy of your current year transcript
6. Current year English teacher recommendation
7. A three to five-minute introductory video accessible through YouTube, QuickTime, Vimeo, or WeChat (applicant should introduce themselves, discuss interests/hobbies, and why they want to attend Bement's Shanghai program). Videos can also be uploaded through WeChat (please send to Ashley@Bement). Please contact the program director for WeChat ID.
Completed applications can be scanned and emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Offices of Shang Learning - Shanghai Main Campus:
Suite 1602, Floor 16, Jin Ying Tower B, No.1518 Min Sheng Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai, China
To learn more about our program:
2020 Program Dates:
Monday, July 6 to Friday, July 31