Bement’s Leadership Team, teaching faculty, and staff have worked together to ensure that school remains a safe so that we can provide an enriching year of living and learning together.
Posted here are answers to many of the questions parents have asked. Please be sure to check back to this page as additional information will be updated and added as necessary. We continue to closely monitor updates from local, state, and national officials, from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and from the World Health Organization (WHO). We are also in communication with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, with peer schools, and with colleges and universities in Massachusetts.
Last updated February 22, 2022
- Will my child need to wear a mask?
- Will Bement be conducting testing for COVID-19?
- Does my child need to have the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Are visitors allowed on campus?
- Will parent and community events be taking place on campus?
- Do all boarding students need to quarantine before arriving to Bement after travel?
- Are boarding students required to designate an off-campus accommodation?
- Our family is traveling out of state, what steps do we need to take so my child can return to school?
- What do we need to do if we are traveling internationally?
Bement's Community Health and Responsibility Pledge outlines a set of expectations and understandings that all students, families, and employees must uphold in order to promote and preserve the health and safety of The Bement School.
We are asking all students, families, and employees to indicate that you have read and understand this pledge by completing this
Administrative and office staff are available so that we can support the preparation and organization for the reopening of school in the fall.
If you have specific questions, please reach out via email to the following people:
Meg O'Brien: any boarding related questions
Kim Loughlin: any admission/enrollment related or international student visa questions
Amie Keddy: any upper school curriculum or programming questions
Anna Casey: any lower school curriculum or programming questions
Jennifer Boyden: any billing or Smart Tuition questions
Emily Rich: any Parent Portal questions
Bill Pete: any operations questions
Mike Schloat: all other questions