Bement’s Leadership Team, teaching faculty, and staff have worked together to ensure we are ready to welcome students back to school for a safe, enriching year of living and learning together.
Posted here are answers to many of the questions parents have been asked. Please be sure to check back to this page as additional information will be updated and added as necessary. We continue to closely monitor updates from local, state, and national officials, from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and from the World Health Organization (WHO). We are also in communication with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, with peer schools, and with colleges and universities in Massachusetts.
Last updated August 13, 2021
- Will my child need to wear a mask?
- Will Bement be conducting testing for COVID-19?
- What about dress code? Will there still be Friday Dress?
- Will after-school programs be available in the fall?
- Will transportation to and from school be available in the fall?
- Are visitors allowed on campus?
- What will happen with athletics?
- Will Bement Day and other parent and community events take place on campus this fall?
- Do all boarding students need to quarantine before arriving to Bement on Tuesday, September 7?
- Are boarding students required to designate an off-campus accommodation?
- Our family is traveling out of state, what steps do we need to take so my child can return to school?
- What do we need to do if we are traveling internationally?
Bement's Community Health and Responsibility Pledge outlines a set of expectations and understandings that all students, families, and employees must uphold in order to promote and preserve the health and safety of The Bement School.
We are asking all students, families, and employees to indicate that you have read and understand this pledge by completing this
Administrative and office staff are available so that we can support the preparation and organization for the reopening of school in the fall.
If you have specific questions, please reach out via email to the following people:
Meg O'Brien: any boarding related questions
Kim Loughlin: any admission/enrollment related or international student visa questions
Amie Keddy: any upper school curriculum or programming questions
Anna Casey: any lower school curriculum or programming questions
Jennifer Boyden: any billing or Smart Tuition questions
Emily Rich: any Parent Portal questions
Bill Pete: any operations questions
Mike Schloat: all other questions