Bement in Shanghai
The Bement School brings its classroom to the heart of Shanghai, China!
Bement in Shanghai will offer two levels of intensive English language instruction from our Shanghai classroom: Basic-Intermediate and Intermediate-Advanced. These will be daily, immersive courses, in which students will gain fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English, with an emphasis on preparing them for English in an academic setting. Public speaking will be a focus of this program. Reading skills in the areas of phonics, oral fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension are also a major focus of classes. Writing activities are directed toward developing strong and accurate sentence structure and well-supported paragraphs.
Our program sets itself apart from others in that in that it offers immersion in both English language and American culture for students. With a student-teacher ratio of 10:1, a focus on problem-solving and resilience, and academic rigor, students leave our program more confident, balanced, and prepared for an American boarding school experience. To ensure that students are prepared to get the most benefit out of their summer experience, the program will begin in April with introductory online conversations between students and faculty, and preliminary reading assignments.
Bement in Shanghai welcomes students ages 7 through 12. Enrollment is limited.
1. Review Application Checklist
2. Complete the Application
3. Complete Parent Forms
4. Submit Application Fee of 1300 CNY
5. Submit a hand-written writing sample
6. Submit a copy of your current year transcript
7. Provide an English teacher recommendation
8. A three to five-minute introductory video using either YouTube, QuickTime, or Vimeo (applicant should introduce themselves, discuss interests/hobbies, and why they want to attend Bement's Shanghai program)
Completed applications can be scanned and emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 Program Dates
July 9 - July 20, 2018
July 23 - Aug. 3, 2018